Monday 11 May 2009

Oxford Weekend

So me and my boyfriend drove down to Oxford on sunday morning. We had a lovely day walking in the sunshine and window shopping.
I tried my first ever Krispy Kreme doughnut. Admittedly I was a little bit disappointed because there wasnt as much choice as I expected there to be. So I went for the original glazed and Ben chose the chocolate covered one with a custard filling. The next disappointment was the price (although Oxford is expensive and so are 'fad' fast foods) so I wasnt really suprised. £1.10 for mine and £1.30 for Bens one.
Photobucket

We also went to the Odeon and watched CORALINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been eagerly awaiting this film for AGES! Unfortunatley it wasn't in 3D but I might go watch it again somewhere where its showing in 3D.

Photobucket

The film was a feast for the eyes, if you havent visited the website already I suggest you do and watch the videos of them making the models. The tiniest knitted jumpers in the world and blossom trees made of popcorn!!

www.coraline.com

The stop motion animation is so good it almost looks like GGI.
The story is wonderful too, its creepy and twisted but family friendly and fun at the same time, (like alice in wonderland).
Directed by Henry Selick (Nightmare Before Christmas). The film is eerie and this is helped by the music which I really enjoyed.

I wont give the story away and theres too much to really explain, but its basically about a young girl named Coraline who has just moved into a new house and is missing her old life. Her boredom in her new house leads her to explore her new home and she ends up in a paralell world. The moral of the story is pretty much 'Be careful what you wish for'.

It is very funny all the way through despite it being a bit warped. This is mainly because of Coralines weird and wonderful neighbours and a talking cat.

Im really not good at reviewing things sorry! haha you will have to see it yourself. It has made me want to read the book it was based on by Neil Gaiman though so it must be good!
Make sure you check out the website too because there are lots of fun things on it. Like this:

Photobucket

Button your eyes! (an old picture of me, because i had trouble loading photos for some reason)

ciao for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment